Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Kid Rocks - Part I

Oringinally posted on myspace Monday, January 21, 2008:

Let me tell you about my evening. . .
It actually started at the grocery store. For weeks (maybe a couple months) Noah has been begging me (really) to buy some octopus for him to try. Of course my first thought is to blow him off, he would never like it and on and on. Well, he wore me down and I have to admit I was a little impressed that he would dare to try something so out of the ordinary. I bought a freaking octopus. For Noah and only Noah. I mean really - whose kids tries octopus? My kids rocks.

Here we are cooking it. . .
Freaky looking, huh? It took a long time - boil it forever then saute it. Over an hour later. . .
I could barely eat my dinner (chicken and broccoli) thinking about it.
He gave it a thumbs up initially. Then he coped to the fact that it was really chewy - this is what I hear from anyone who has tried it (including MWD). He ate the majority of it though! Wow!
He even inspired Jack to try a bite (picky eater). He said he liked it, but he did not want anymore.

Currently listening: Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection By Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment