Friday, March 13, 2009

Change is Good

I originally posted this on Myspace Sunday, September 10, 2006 :

Oh my, how things change. No longer are my weekend plans filled with "how many people can I fit into this garage apartment, if I have a party tonight?" (it was a lot by the way) and I don't spend Sunday saying things like "I can't believe someone fell through my ceiling." Nope - way different now. Aside from work time - now I think about how "I can't believe how many people don't know grocery store etiquette" and I catch myself saying things on a Sunday afternoon like "I can't believe how much laundry I did today - I was on fire!"

I had a great weekend and I can just see how lame it would have seemed to me 15 years ago. . .Michael and I had a sweet anniversary date on Thursday and then we had a nice family weekend. We didn't go out and spend a ton of money entertaining them - we just went to SA to run a few errands and Karma took care of the rest. It was cool - everywhere we went presented all these nice family moments.

Tonight we spent a bunch of time discussing 9/11 with them, because we assume it is going to come up quite a bit this week and we wanted them to feel educated. They are smart kids. They were scared and sad about the things that happened, but the good thing is they know that it is normal to feel that way. I love my kiddos. I am lucky to have the family I do.

Enjoy. . .

My Little Freak Show














No comments:

Post a Comment