Friday, March 13, 2009

Lucky Ones


I originally posted this one on Myspace on Sunday, August 13, 2006:

It seems so silly now. I have spent the last couple of weeks saying things like "I am so ready for school to start" or "I am finished having company for the summer". The fact that the summer is our busiest time (and Christmas) makes me feel like I am neglecting work, but there is always more work. No matter what time of year it is. I am also starting a new "project" with a friend of mine (I will fill you in when it is closer to launch) and that is taking up more time. But I just remembered something. . .I am SO Lucky.

The past few days I have been updating my family website with pictures from our summer. Even though it seems like all I do is work - it isn't true. I do work hard, but I don't neglect my kids. I thought it was kind of a pain taking them to work with me this summer, but who gets to do that? I can stop what I am doing to eat lunch on the balcony with them or give them a hug (or send them to timeout). Can you do that at your job? We really can re-arrange our lives to make the kids a priority. That's nice. We get along well with the kids other parents. That is damn lucky. We have family that comes to visit and we get to visit them.

Maybe I am just being sentimental from looking at all these pictures. But, I'm a little sad now that summer is almost over. The visitors will stop trickling in and the kids will be at school all day. But, I can do it again next summer and maybe appreciate it more then. I really need to learn to enjoy every moment - this is my new goal. Kind of like this. . .

Emily, Tessa (my Niece) & Noah in the rain

Currently listening: The Californian By Bob Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment