Monday, November 16, 2009

Still working . . and stuff

I think I'll start to post my assignments via twitter (and maybe here) going forward. It probably won't catch on right away, but maybe eventually someone else can write something based on the same picture and we can compare notes. Seems fun.

I actually started a short story today with a woman character for a change (assignment picture below). It's dark as usual. I should acquiesce and start writing true crime stories, since MWD thinks I would be good at it. Anyways - this story is a little creepy. It will be Wednesday before I finish it since I have the newsletter to work on tomorrow then right back on it.

Reading seems important, but it is distracting me from writing. Kind of frustrating. I have always looked at reading as relaxing and winding down, so I feel guilty reading for some reason. I’m trying to read Stephen King's book right now On Writing. And I am also reading a book MWD got for me on building a process. I am taking some and leaving some. The proper method for me, will need to be one I come up with not someone with a formula.

I have started trying to find and follow other writers through twitter. I read a cool short story today. A good distraction, oops I mean good research. Heh.

We are paying someone to paint the common areas in the house. It means we can’t buy the kids a playscape yet, but it will save some serious marital issues. MWD doesn’t want me to do it, so dragging it out for months with the house torn up will annoy him. And in turn I will be annoyed that he is not appreciating me for painting or helping me. We like to like each other, so this will help us to avoid the opposite. Painters come tomorrow. May have to do some writing in MWD’s office, since mine is a common area (which sometimes sucks when I am writing while someone is watching TV, so close I can hear every word).

Here is the picture I am using for today's assignment:


No comments:

Post a Comment